Friday 4 January 2008

Ten Predictions of 2008

As a sports journalist, my inner crystal ball is telling me that there are 10 things on the verge of happening in 2008:
  1. Roger Federer will be the victor of all 4 Grand Slam titles. Aussie, French, Wimbledon and US! Move over Pete Sampras, Federer is the King of Tennis!
  2. Italy will capture the EuroCup 2008, proving to us once again, that Italy is now the envy of the soccer world!
  3. Michael Phelps will win 8 gold in Beijing and become the poster boy of every magazine in the United States!
  4. Canada, our home and native land, I sense, will bring home at least 20 medals from the 08 Olympics!
  5. The Vancouver Canucks will take home the Stanley Cup! Finally, a Canadian team!
  6. The San Antonio Spurs will for the second straight year be able to say: "We are the Champions!"
  7. Writers and fans go mad in March as Florida State will repeat as NCAA Champions!
  8. My idol sprinter, Jeremy Wariner, will break the Men's 400 M World Record (43".18 by Michael Johnson). Do I dare say in Beijing?
  9. World Series? World Surprise! My guess: Houston Astros!
  10. Canada will win gold at the 2008 World Men's Curling Championships! Who says no body watches curling?

I just want to state clearly that I have absolutely no control over any of the predictions I made. Time will tell how accurate my gut feelings are. Hey, if I go 10 for 10, maybe I should become a seer or something?

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment