Saturday 14 February 2009

Phew!

Another 6 days have passed since the last post. It seems like life is flying by at the speed of light. There's just no stopping. It's relentless, but it's been a great week, with a huge accomplishment coming on Thursday night.

Anyhow, let's talk sports. I can't say I'm surprised A-Rod has been linked to this network of drug scandals now. He's always had a...what's the word...flamboyant shall we say, side to him. It's good he's at least being somewhat honest. It's a sign that baseball is moving over this period of cloudy controversies. I just hope the new generation of stars like Ryan Howard and Evan Longoria and Jake Peavy stay away from the roids.

You have to realize, steroid revelation is a step in the right direction. It's part of a process to cleaning up the game. I still stick with my argument that baseball was way too lenient on steroids in the 90's and if there was no ban against the substance, then players should not be considered cheaters. But that doesn't take away from the fact that drugs destroy great athletes, not create them.

Let's just get over the steroids issue and look to the horizon for a better day. (a little Obama there for ya).

Thursday was also the one year countdown to the Vancouver Olympics. I still remember the night when I heard Vancouver won the bid in 2003. It's been a long time coming. It's exciting here with all the commemorative coins and newspaper clippings. And with the way Canadians are performing in World Cup circuits, I'm pretty confident we can pull off a number one finish in the medals next year.

Yesterday, our men swept the moguls podium, and they were short of flags. That's how well we've been doing.

Speaking of skiing, I'm off to my own ski trip! Check in on Monday!

-D

P.S. For all you basketball fans out there, enjoy tonight and tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment