Friday 31 July 2009

Rolen for Encarnacion

Has JP gone out of his mind?

Scott Rolen...arguably our best hitter right now, has been traded to the Cincinatti Reds for who? Edwin Encarnacion? Some career .267 hitter and a couple mediocre pitchers?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point of this. I seriously think JP Ricciardi isn't taking his job seriously and his record of consistent lapses in judgment is evidence of that. If the Jays want to become a competitive team, they need to get rid of JP. His skills are no where near Theo Epstein's or Pat Gillick's. He just doesn't know how to play the game.

Otherwise, Peavy to the White Sox...should be fun to watch how he carries them. Orlando Cabrera to the Twins. Victor Martinez to the Red Sox. Looks like the Indians are in serious rebuilding mode now.

David Ortize tested positive for steroids? I'm frankly not surprised at all. How else does a guy go suddenly from 10 home runs over the first few years to 31 homers in one year? I hope he handles it with class, but really, like I've always been stressing, baseball needs to look forwards, not backwards and I really hope Ortiz is clean now.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment