Saturday 15 August 2009

A Metre Away

Today, I was down at the Rogers Cup at the Rexall Centre. It was free family weekend, and I have volunteering there starting tomorrow, so I felt I might as well check out the grounds.

It was a beautiful day first of all, a little bit hot, but sunny nonetheless. I had a lot of fun, with my friend Harry. Took tons of pics on Centre Court, watched a three set, somewhat exciting qualifying match and we went out for a stroll.

That's where we ran into a crowd of people. Ana Ivanovic was being ushered from one practice court to another. Maria Sharapova was coming out of the court that Ivanovic was going into. A golf cart was waiting to transport Sharapova somewhere else. A huge line formed to see her in person/ask for autographs.
Harry and I didn't get good spots for that one and we ended up with a couple mediocre pics. (We didn't have a pen or anything.) After watching Ivanovic practice, we crowded around the exit as she came out. Security tried desperately, to no avail, to get us into two lines. Then, they had to whisk her away whilst trying to control the crowd. Now, I got a couple really good pics of that scene (check 'em out!).

Overall, it was a great day. I can't wait to get to the volunteering part of it!

-D

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! The second picture doesn't work though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just realized it doesn't. Tried to fix it, but failed again. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete