Monday 16 November 2009

Time to Catch Up

Wow, it does NOT seem like 11 days since I last posted.

Last week, I was sick in bed in 4 days with a bad headache and shingles. I had to miss quite a bit of school and it's quite labourous to catch up. We also held a school dance last Thursday and it went very successfully.

Last week was also important to the sports scene in Toronto. Two Fridays ago, the City of Toronto was awarded the 2015 Pan Am Games. That's a great victory for this city. We lost the 2 Olympics in 96 and 08, and some say this is like consolation prize. I see it as a step towards hosting an Olympics somewhere down the road though.

Some people think we should bid for the 2020 games, but I personally think we'd have no shot 'cause that would be just 10 years after Vancouver. 2024 is a more realistic goal, but I won't be surprised if we make a run at 2028. That seems so far away-but organizing an Olympics is a big thing and I think Toronto will be host to one one day.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment