Wednesday 16 December 2009

Roy Halladay/Olympic Torch

Today, Roy Halladay ended his Blue Jays career by putting on a Phillies cap in front of a plethora of inquisitive reporters. I can't say I was surprised but I'm very happy Roy's not in the AL East. Hopefully, he'll get a run at a championship that he so deserves but hopefully, when the Doc makes his return to the Rogers Centre perhaps next summer, the fans will give him a standing ovation even if the cap he tips will be a Phillies.

Cliff Lee was traded to the Mariners in the Halladay deal. That should make the West very interesting. Speaking of the West, Hideki Matsui signed on with the Angels for a one year deal today. John Lackey and Mike Cameron both signed with the Red Sox. I don't expect the Jays to compete next year, but hopefully, their year will come. Boy is a lot happening in baseball!

Tomorrow, the Olympic torch is set to be relayed not too far from where I live. On top of that, we have a student from our school who will be running the torch. That's really really exciting and we'll definitely be there to cheer him on!! In the evening, I will also be making my way down to Toronto City Hall for the celebration event.

Will post pics of the exciting stuff later!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment