Friday 30 April 2010

Crack of the Bat

I was scorekeeping at a school baseball tournament today. Felt so good to be back on a diamond, close to some real baseball action. And it felt amazing to hear the cracks of the bat every time the batter made contact. The weather was BEAUTIFUL too. Absolutely GORGEOUS day for baseball!!

The roof was open for last night's Jays game for the first time!! The Blue Jays performance this season has been up and down, much like the weather here in TO these past few weeks. This hasn't come as a surprise to me. They got good players, but are very scrappy. Really, I didn't have much expectations for them coming into this season so I'm just enjoying whatever they do. That 13-12 game against the Red Sox was freakin' fantastic!! I am, however, itching to get down to a game this season!

How 'bout the Padres eh? Every pundit in the country said they would be dead last in the NL West and would be one of the worst teams in the NL. Low and behold, they are first in their division. But hey, the Jays got off to a 27-13 start last year too...

Tonight, two MLB stars return to their line ups from injury. Cliff Lee will make his much anticipated debut with Seattle and second baseman Ian Kinsler is slated to return to the Texas batting order. I like both guys a lot, especially Kinsler. So I'll be excited to see what they got this season!

All those changes to the All-Star Game, they're alright. I don't like the ineligible-if-pitched-on-Sunday rule though.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment