Friday 18 June 2010

Strasburg

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted. A lot of things have happened. I had to make an urgent trip to China last week due to a family emergency and I'm now in the midst of final exams for this semester. So it's been a roller coaster ride lately and I haven't been on the blog for a while now.

First things first. Rafael Nadal's 5th French Open title-what a dandy! The man (yes, the man, Rafa's no longer a kid now) captured the championship at Roland Garros wihout dropping a set. The Queen of Spain was there to see him hoist the trophy and you know what, I was cheering for him. He looks like he's back to his pre-injury self. Wimbledon should be a REALLY fun one to watch. Fingers crossed for a repeat of 2008. Federer-Nadal final? Looking forward to THAT!

Last Tuesday night, before I had to catch my flight to China, I had a chance to watch some highlights of Stephen Strasburg's much hyped Major League debut. The atmosphere in Nationals Park felt more electric than Opening Day, the All Star Game and the World Series combined. Mr. Strasburg, at 21 years young, fanned 14 batters with his MASSIVE curve and triple digit heater. I was truly impressed and just by watching his delivery and his poise, I think Strasburg IS the real deal!

His next start out, he faced Cleveland and fanned another 8 batters. Earlier tonight, with President Barack Obama in attendance, Strasburg whiffed another 10 White Sox, to set a record for most K's in the first 3 major league starts. His pitches are just so mind boggling to watch and I definitely would like to see him in person some time.

Here's to an exciting few months of tennis and baseball...

CHEERS!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment