Saturday 20 December 2008

Holiday Break

I can't believe it's already December 20th!!

School is finally out and let the partying begin (okay, let's not forget to keep up with the studies)!

Unlike most years, I actually have homework from all four of my courses this year. Not Herculean tasks, but small things that HAVE to get done.

What is going on with the Raptors lately? It seems like everybody's in a big slump. Toronto lost 91-83 to Oklahoma City last night. I mean, OKLAHOMA CITY! They're the worst team in the league. Of course, losing streaks always bring out frustration. But obviously, new strategies have to be implemented if this team is to be taken seriously.

Boston Celtics are on a 17 game winning streak. Reminds me of the Rockets last year. How long can it last? One thing's for certain, they have a great chance to defending this year, with the way they're playing.

Baseball market is still going crazy.

Mats Sundin signed with the Canucks. When he started putting off self-imposed deadlines, the chances of him returning to the Leafs got smaller and smaller. I'm not surprised he's not coming back. Perhaps it's best Sundin didn't come back. The entire Leafs organization is in an absolute mess right now. I don't know what to say.

World Junior Hockey Championships take place in Ottawa over the next couple o' weeks.

Doc Ellis, the pitcher who once tossed a no hitter while under the influence of drugs (opium I believe) has died at the age of 63.

I haven't heard much about the 2009 Baseball Hall of Fame voting yet. Ricky Henderson is the star of this year's slate of candidates. I will post my ballot sometime over the holidays!

We're getting a "snow-maggedon" here in TO this week. About 10 cm of snow fell on Tuesday night into Wednesday. Yesterday, the winds howled and we got dumped on with around 15-20 cm of snow. Tonight into tomorrow, another 10-15 cm is expected before the next storm moves in Tuesday night into Christmas Eve. The uncertainty on that one is still pretty high-the snow could be mixed with some rain. But this will definitely by the second straight year we have seen a White Christmas and I'm lovin' it!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment