Saturday 25 April 2009

So the Joyful Ride Continues

Eighteen games into their new season, the Toronto Blue Jays have the best record in baseball. As a Jays fan, is there any other statement that would make me happier? Last night at US Cellular Field, the Jays put on an offensive fireworks show, exploding for 21 hits and 14 runs. At the same time, Brian Tallet, Bill Murphy and Bryan Bullington combined for a 6 hit shutout. It came on the heels of the announcement that Ricky Romero and BJ Ryan were headed for the DL. With a slew of pitchers now on the DL, it gives you a smile to see the unlikely candidates stepping up to do a fine job and the offense picking them up big time.

They're playing again at US Cellular tonight and have already pounded Buerhle for 2 runs in the top of the 2nd. Brian Burres is making his first start of the season for the Blue Jays tonight. If they could keep up this consistency through the next 5 months, the Jays will be in the picture for October. But again, A LOT of things can happen, so just enjoy the good play while you can!


D'you know the NFL Draft was today??


I've been really busy at my school running for Student Council President. Last week was LONG and next week will be even more intense with the speeches on Wednesday and vote on Thursday. I'm really looking for a challenge by running for this position. It's a risk, I know, but I really want to make our school a better place. Wish me luck.

-D


PS: I snagged a ball last Saturday when I went to the game against Oakland!

No comments:

Post a Comment