Thursday 11 June 2009

Federer Among Other Things

I know it's been a long while since I posted, but these past two weeks have been unbelievably crazy for me, both in and outside of school. I'm happy to say that I am finished with end of the year school work, and I only have exams left, which will come late next week.

I woke up early (well, 10:30's not that early) Sunday morning and caught the last set and a bit of the French Open final. I have to say, it was a breeze for Federer. I was glad to have witnesssed a great moment in sports history, when Roger finally hoisted that elusive 14th victory trophy, completing a coveted career Grand Slam.


Though the quality of the match may not have been as great as last year's Wimbledon, and it was over in less than 2 hours, Federer's win was every bit as amazing as any other. The fact that he has now won every surface and still has plenty of shots ahead of him is hard to fathom. This year's Wimbledon will be particularly exciting to watch-I'm hoping for another Federer-Nadal final. That would make this rivalry one of the greatest in sports history-sports history!

When I find the time, I shall write a long piece on Federer's win in Paris and his place in tennis history. In the meanwhile, it's nice to see the Blue Jays doing well. I might go to another game on June 23rd.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment