Friday 12 February 2010

Pre-Olympic Preparations

First things first, Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili died during a training run this afternoon in Whistler. It's always sad when somebody dies young (he was just 21), but it's sadder when it comes on the eve of one of the greatest celebrations on Earth. I really think they should give him a moment of silence tonight during the Opening Ceremony. It is just very very tragic.

Speaking of the OC, I will be live blogging it tonight, starting at 9 PM EST. I had such a blast blogging the 08 Beijing Games, and though this time I can't live blog on a daily basis, I will write as many updates as possible.

In all honesty, I am very very excited about Vancouver 2010. It's more special because I got to see the Olympic torch up close. Going to be a very very fun rest of February. My guess for first Canadian to win gold on home soil: Jen Heil. You just wait for it tomorrow night.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment