Wednesday 17 February 2010

What a Day in Vancouver!

Alright, let's do some catch up!

7.3 million people in Canada watched Alex Bilodeau's gold medal ceremony Monday night. What a moment that was!! I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my back as BC Place sang O Canada together for the first time.

Then, Mike Robertson came oh-so-close to another gold medal Monday evening at Cypress in the Men's Snowboard Cross. That was a very exciting race and I thought Robertson was going to win the gold for sure. But creds go to Seth Wescott who took advantage of a Robertson gaffe and defended his gold from Torino.

Yesterday, Canada saw its second gold medal in Vancouver from a Vancouverite herself. Maelle Ricker who crashed in the Women's Snowboard Cross final four years ago came back for big-time redemption, snatching the Olympic title with EASE!! I was so happy for her and again I got goosebumps listening to O Canada tonight. I do kind of feel for Lindsey Jacobellis though, choking for the second time in a row.

Three golds for the US today-Vonn, Davis, and just 5 minutes ago, the Flying Tomato-Shaun White. Impressive performances from all three. White was just amazing, doing a Double Cork 1260 on his last jump. A-MA-ZING. Another medal for Canada today, in short track. China won another gold thanks to Wang Meng. Time to get to bed-I'll check back in tomorrow with more Olympic action. I'm lovin' every minute of this!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment