Friday 9 July 2010

Paul

Soccer's not my sport. Really, it's one of the few I dislike. But when billions around the globe are celebrating the World Cup, it's hard not to take notice.

I never really had a loyalty to any country in this tournament. Instead, I found myself cheering for underdogs and intrigued when teams like France and Italy were knocked out early. Now, with the Final Four set for two more final matches, I thought I'd talk a little bit about the 2010 Cup.

Uruguay vs. Germany. Both great teams, as we've seen. Uruguay's the underdog of course, and Germany perhaps the crowd favourite. I think Germany will take it, just based on trend alone. But hey, I'd like to see a country that's not from Europe in the Top 3.

The Netherlands vs. Spain. I don't know why, I always had this sympathy towards the Dutch. Spain has been on a hot run. Their countrymen are expecting a lot. The Dutch have never won. The Spaniards have a reputation as chokers. Should be an interesting match up. Paul the Octopus has picked Spain. If I had to bet, I'd probably pick Spain too but I find myself cheering for the Oranje.

Where will you be watching the Finals?

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment