Saturday 7 August 2010

Arencibia/Rogers Cup

Curtain call for JP Arencibia!!

How many rookies get that kind of treatment? Well, if you go 4-5 with 2 home runs, a double and a single, you would in any ballpark! That's what Jays catcher JP Arencibia got today at the Rogers Centre. On top of his 4 hit monster day, Arencibia hammered the FIRST PITCH he faced in the Major Leagues over the left field fence. It was simply incredible. Oh and the Jays won 17-7, with 20 hits, 8 of which were big bombs. Bautista slammed his 34th.

The Rogers Cup opened today in Toronto. I was there for my first shift as a volunteer this year. In addition to 4 qualifying matches, I was able to catch a glimpse of Rafael Nadal, Robin Soderling, Andy Murray, and David Ferrer. It was people and celebs galore. I got lots of good paparazzi shots. I'll post up the pics later!! More fun out there on the courts tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll catch a glimpse of Mr. Federer.

-D

PS. D'you know Djokovic/Nadal are playing doubles together in this tournament?!

No comments:

Post a Comment