Sunday 11 May 2008

Crazy Crunch Time

First off, for those who are interested/curious/bored, my high school's baseball team, the Panthers outslugged our opponents, the Lyons by a score of 9-1 on Tuesday. As scorekeeper, it certainly felt good to be a part of it!

You know, it's hitting mid-May and boy has my life been a roller coaster ride. The ups and downs hit me every single day and there's just so much to do. Well, I guess that's life in the 21st century.

Talk about roller coasters...the Toronto Blue Jays have never gotten off it this entire season. About a quarter of the season has come and gone already. And just like this time last season, the injury bug is infesting the dugout! First goes Eck and Johnny Mac, then goes V-Dub and Accardo...sigh...we just can't stay healthy. And if we can't stay healthy, we can't win!

It's been a season of frustration and false hope. We win 5 straight to gloriously begin the month of May, but promptly lose those players to injury and along with 4 of our last 5 games. Hey, I guess that's baseball for ya. But if they keep changing the line-up, I'm gonna start having a hard time recognizing my own hometown team. Wilkerson?? Mench??? Valendia????

At the beginning of the year, I predicted the Spurs to repeat as NBA champs. I still do, but I'm rootin' for the Hornets. The comeback New Orleans has had and the chemistry on that young squad is truly inspiring. Besides, none of my predictions have been correct so far..so..I'm hopeless in sports outcome forecasting.

NHL playoffs...I'd like to see Pens and Wings in the Cup final.

Watched some white water kayaking this morning on NBC...I like it.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment