Saturday 31 May 2008

Summer Plans

Hey, so the summer is inching closer and closer. Here's a perennial favourite: What are your summer plans??

Well, for me, I will be going on an awesome college road trip down along the heavily populated east coast of the US. Some of the cities I will be visiting for the first time are Boston, NYC, Cooperstown-including the Baseball HOF woohoo, and various other "good" colleges in the area.

It's been a long while since I've been on a family vacation. I was in China last summer, but as an avid traveller, no travel will ever be enough for me. I guess it's just inspiring seeing other places and getting to know different people.
But of course, summer can never be summer without playing sandlot baseball! I can assure you there'll be lots of it in my schedule. Also on the agenda are: volleyball, tennis, ping pong, badminton...this summer will be about trying new things.
It is high school and that's not the time to waste 2 months of free time. I'm still waiting reply on a few job applications but hey, work is pretty hard to find these days. But I gotta start somewhere.
Before summer though, June is coming at us like a freight train. That's one of the busiest months of the year, and boy has it ever lived up to its rep. I'll be working precariously the next 3 weeks and I'll update this blog as often as possible.
I got some ball tix to a Braves-Jays game the last weekend of June. Going with a couple buddies and even though the seats aren't exactly what we desired for, we have something to get into the stadium.
Switching gear to tennis, Nadal's 4th straight Roland Garros title's on its way. You can mark my words. As for the women, it's tough to say. Sharapova hasn't really been in tip-top shape, I think I'll go with one of the underdogs. How does...Katarina Srebotnik sound to you??
Lakers vs. Celtics...meh...people say it should be exciting. Frankly, I lost all interest already. I'm more intrigued by Brian Colangelo's ever unpredictable mind and what it might trigger this offseason than whether one of these historical franchises might capture the championship.

I like the youthfullness of the Penguins, but will inexperience cost them the cup this year? Either way, I'll be commending the champion whoever it might be.

A special edition of my radio show will air tomorrow at 2:30 PM. It's a presentation for our English class culminating project. We'll be discussing perspectives of gay marriage using Brokeback Mountain and comparing it to the traditions of Elizabethan England. Welcome to listen, but keep in mind it's a school project.

Well..it's midnight, time to leap onto the mattress!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment