Wednesday 12 November 2008

Good Volunteering Opportunity

Last week was ridiculously crazy.

On Wednesday evening, I had the opportunity to go down to the Air Canada Centre and sell 50/50 tickets for the Toronto Raptors. Awesome experience! And it counts as volunteering hours, how sweet is that?!

My salesman skills were not bad, but there is obviously room for improvement. I got this volunteering opportunity with CICS-a community organization aimed at helping new immigrants. It was just real cool to get inside the ACC on a staff pass and we even got to catch the fourth quarter after we were finished selling.

The view was nothing like I've ever seen. We were herded up to the 6th floor, where the media sits and where the NHL Replay Room is located. Super cool. I even got to sit by a phone which was labeled "Associated Press". Just that label alone was enough to satisfy my aspirational little heart. :) (Toronto lost the game 100-93, but that's not important)

Otherwise, life is good. I just got promoted to Junior Editor in my high school's newspaper. Yay me!

Evan Longoria and Geovany Soto won RoY. Tim Lincecum won the NL Cy. Joe Maddon and Lou Pinella won Managers of the Year. Good stuff. Good voting by the writers.

Matt Holliday has been traded to the A's!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment