Saturday 16 May 2009

Three!

So the White Sox have lost another to the Jays earlier this afternoon. Toronto's 24-14 now! Woot! I was down at the game last night and that was a blast!

I was downtown on a history field trip and got down to the Rogers Centre around 4:30. Got a bite to eat, slice of pizza with water for 3 bucks. Met my friend Kevin, negotiated with the scalpers to get 2 tickets for $20. Got in line at 5:15 and the gates opened right on time at 5:30.

I entered the stadium and ran down to the outfield baselines. There were 8 White Sox players playing catch. I asked Matt Thorton (or so I thought) for a ball and he said he'd hook me up one later. And he did. I gave that ball to Kevin and went up into the right field seats for BP home run balls.

There was a ball lying in the White Sox bullpen and I got a groundskeeper to toss it up. I chased a couple homers but couldn't get my hands on one. A couple Blue Jay fans kept asking DJ Carrasco to toss up a ball. DJ looked at them and asked them while smiling: "Where's your White Sox gear?" I waved my White Sox cap at him and he pointed at me to show: "Like that guy!" So that was number three of the day. At the end of BP, I tried unsuccessfully to get a couple autographs.

During the game, Kevin and I sat near the first base dugout, 32 rows back. The game itself was really exciting, especially when we pounded the Sox for 6 runs in the fourth. After the third out of that inning was made (flyout to CF Scott Podsednik), I sprinted down the steps to the camera bay with my White Sox cap and held out my glove. Scotty Pod ran in and tossed the ball to me just like that. It was nicely rubbed up and simply awesome.

At the end of the game, Kevin and I made our way down to the Jays dugout. I yelled for Vernon Wells to toss me the game ending ball but he gave it to a kid on my right. No biggie. I asked Brian Butterfield if he could give me the line up cards, but he said they requested the cards to be turned into the umps. So I thanked him and said no worries.

Fun night! Snagged four balls-personal record!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment