Tuesday 8 September 2009

Brackets Shrinking in NYC

So my hometown girl Li Na lost this afternoon against Kim Clijsters. She just had too many unforced errors, and didn't hit enough winners. Final score was 6-2, 6-4. I really hoped she'd break into the semis, but hey, Clijsters getting there is a pretty good story by itself.

On the men's side, Andy Murray's been erased by 20 year old Marin Cilic. Boy that is big news. But you know, Andy just didn't look like he had it today, hitting balls long and into the net, even on his own serve. He went down in straight sets too, no less. Don't worry though, I really think Murray's first Grand Slam will eventually come.

Serena went through against Flavia Pennetta-great run by the Italian. Can't wait for Oudin-Wozniacki tomorrow. If there is a Serena-Oudin final, that would be freakin' amazing!!

Nadal-Monfils getting underway in a bit. Should be an easy match for Nadal, but I still don't think he'll make it to the final. Del Potro showed today just why I picked him, disposing of Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.

First day back at school, my Grade 11 year-should be an exciting one!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment