Wednesday 17 March 2010

NCAA/Spring Training

So it's that time of the year again.

MARCH MADNESS is here. First round play in the perennial favourite college basketball tournament will begin tomorrow!! This year, Coach Bill Self and his Kansas team is slated to make another run for the national championship. Standing in their way are competent teams like Villanova, Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, Georgetown, just to name a few.

If you are interested in President Barack Obama's bracket (remember he picked UNC last year?), here it is: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1042011.

I don't usually watch college basketball, but with all the hype around March Madness, I'll be sure to check back in a few times on this tournament.

What I am more interested in is MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!! My gosh-another baseball season is slated to start in just three weeks or so. I am SO excited! Not so much for my beloved Toronto Blue Jays to do something spectacular like play baseball in October, but just in general, the fact that baseball is back is VERY exciting for me.

Since the Jays are in somewhat of a rebuilding year, expectations are not very high for them. I do hope they fare well though. I'd like to see Vernon Wells live up to that 9 figure check we wrote him a few years back. Something will be amiss without Halladay as our opening day pitcher, but this gives the chance for the young guns to show what they've got.

-D

PS. Going to play baseball for the first time this year tomorrow!! Such GORGEOUS weather this week up here in TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment