Thursday 12 March 2009

16

Time flies.

I've probably said that a million times on this blog. But it really does. And you realize it even more whenever your birthday rolls around.

For me, birthdays have never been a "party up" occasion, just the usual family things, cakes, pictures. Not much more than that.

To me, the things that happen in between your birthdays should really be the cause for celebration. Last year's birthday was unforgettable, and I remember it quite clearly. It was March Break, as usual for my birthday, and I went over to a friend's house to work on an English project. The friend played Happy Birthday to me on the violin. I felt really good.

I might not have realized it then, but the friends I was working with that day would become some of the closest buddies I've ever had. They still humble me everyday, and teach me to look at the world in a different way.

It's been an eventful year, a stressful one at that, but also extremely satisfying. My older friends tell me that after you turn 16, your entire perspective on societies and relationships change.

And on this birthday, I've already been having a blast. Man, I never realized having a birthday outside of March Break would be this fun!!

I'm so looking forward to the adventures in my 17th year on this planet. It's going to be life changing, in an amazing way. I just know it. I sense it.

On that note, let's go enjoy it together!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment