Tuesday 31 March 2009

April

Well, so tomorrow is April Fool's. A quarter of the year has already gone by, isn't that amazing?

I will be going to two more Raptor games in April, on the 5th and 12th. The 12th is Fan Appreciation Day, so that should be real fun. Speaking of the Raps, they've been doing quite well lately. Where was these intense efforts early on in the season? I think Bryan Colangelo needs to reshape this team over the summer. On paper, we're a middle of the pack team, but I think a few moves here and there could push us to the position we were in in 2006-2007.

The Jays season is starting next Monday. I can't wait! Ricky Romero secured the 4th spot in the starting rotation yesterday. That was a bit of a surprise for me. The fifth spot is still undecided, but I think Scott Richmond would be a good choice for it.

My leadership retreat over the weekend was incredibly awesome. I brought back a lot of new friendships, new memories, and new knowledge. I always have this way of measuring a long day. When I go to bed at night, I always think back to what I did that morning. If it seems like an eternity ago, then I count it as a long day. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all very long days. But they were fun too. It was amazing to share that experience with 60 other prospective leaders, and more than a dozen more members of the TDSB SuperCouncil. It's an experience that I will never forget, and probably one that will prove to be life-changing when I look back on it in the future.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment